Tuesday, October 29, 2013

You can plan and plan....

But even if you think of "everything" you will miss something!!! I had this trip to Kiev all planned. Traveling with 3 kids isn't easy so I tried to pack light and have a plan. Nothing went to plan. I ended up have 3 extra bags that I did NOT plan on. Thank God the missionaries came with us to the train station. When we handed the conductor our tickets she wouldn't let us on right away, she was demanding court documents, birth certificates, and visas for the kids. Again good thing the missionaries came with us!!! We got on the train and settled in but it was the HOTTEST train car I have ever been on and there was no relief. I got the kids down to sleep which was not an easy task but little Jasper had no interest in sleeping so that meant Mamma didn't get any sleep. It was hard for all of us. We got to Kiev at 5:40am with no place to go our apartment wasn't going to be available until noon, the doctor office wasn't open until 8:30am. So we spent the morning sitting around waiting, waiting, waiting!!!! I fed breakfast as best as I could in the van and changed diapers then we sat!!! We had to print off some documents and then we were told we needed the original birth certificates to go to the doctor but we didn't have them Masha did and she was not in Kiev. I had copies and we decided we were going to try and go head with the doctor visits. Also the night before we were told they only do TB tests in Mon, Wed, and Fri so we were going to have to return Wed to have the tests done and then head back on Friday to have them read... Grrr!!! This day about had me in tears. We went in and the doctor agreed to see us despite not having the original documents!!! Praise God!!! It went pretty quick actually we were only in the Dr office about an hour and a half. So we were done by 10am with only 2 hrs to kill before we could get into our apartment. The driver that was with us spoke English and helped us in the Dr office. When we were all done he turned to me and said something has happened to the TB test, they will NOT be required for your children. I looked at him and  grilled him... why? you mean not at all? We don not have to come back? are you sure? He said Ukraine is out or there is a problem with the TB test so they are being waived! PRAISE GOD... I can't tell you how worried this test was making me and now at least in this country I do not have to deal with it, I rather our doctors do it!!!

So tomorrow will be another early morning we will head out at 7:30am to pick up our paperwork from the train station then head to the embassy to do paper work, I think this is the part that scares me the most... why? I do not know but I am very nervous maybe it's my fear of government building!!! Anyway, so we have the embassy tomorrow, then again on Thursday and we get the kids passports Thursday and that's it. We are looking at tickets either Friday or Saturday, there is a chance that we could even get a flight out Thursday night??? I guess that stuff is up in the air still but we are coming home!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment