Monday, October 14, 2013

Having Some Down Time

We got a few visits in but the last few days Fred and I have been feeling more adventurous and with the help of Ashley (one of the missionaries here that has been helping us) we understand the buses and the stops so we were willing to try making it down to the city center. We made it to McDonalds and went for a walk on Saturday. Sunday we went to our morning visit and then the missionaries took us to the Asian Circus, which was actually really fun except for the trapeze artists, the tight rope walkers, the girl who spun in circles with only her head and the guys that climbed the pole and then just dropped only to catch themselves at the last minute... LOL!!! No it really was a lot of fun and I am glad we got to go. Sunday night we got on the train to Simferopol to visit Alim and his family. We arrived Monday morning around 6:30am and just had a great day visiting. Mama (Alim's Mama) made a BIG dinner and it was sooooo good. Dadushka (Alims Grandpa) was showing me a fruit tree that grew a fruit called aiva or quince he insisted that we take some home and Baboshka cut me an apple. I swear it was the best apple I have ever eaten. When I showed how much I liked it Dadu took me by the arm and lead me to the back of the house where there was an apple tree, LOL, he began knocking apples out of the tree and again insisted that I take them with me! This family has the BIGGEST heart of any one I have EVER met in all my life. These people would literally give you the shirt off their back if you were in need!

I will post pics from our walk and the circus but I will post tomorrow with pics of our trip to Simferopol!




































No comments:

Post a Comment