Tuesday, October 22, 2013

Wait... Wait... Wait...

I think that is the Theme of this adoption... WAIT!!!!!

Fred got up and met the driver. They headed to the court to pick up the decree but of course they were not ready because the judge never signed them, so Fred had to WAIT for a judge to be free and willing to take time to sign all 18 copies. The judge grilled Fred with questions like what do you do for a living, do you have an American drivers license and have you ever driven in Ukraine. Fred said he was really nice but it was really weird.

Fred got back to the apartment at 11am and we headed to the bus station to take the bus to Dnep to get paperwork done. Masha drove to Dnep early in the morning to get things started. By the time we got there it was 2pm and none of us had eaten. Fred called Masha and she was in the other city so we tracked down a taxi to take us to McDonalds. We ate and walked around to WAIT for Masha. She finally called and met up with us at 6pm. Unfortunately she didn't get all the documents done so we had to find a hotel for the night. Masha was so exhausted she went to her room and fell asleep.

We were all checked in and settled by about 6:45pm and headed out for dinner by 7pm. We found a Café that had an English menu and actually really good food! After Dinner John, Fred and I went out for a walk. Our hotel is right on the river and it was a beautiful night out!

So tomorrow we will wake up early and get crackin on paperwork, We are praying we will get everything done and be back in KR tomorrow night!!!

Here are some pics from the day!!!

 
Fred ordering coffee!!!

 
Gotta get your Lenin Pic! Every city had a statue and we are collecting them!

 
This is the walking district, later in the evening there were a lot of street performers!



 
I asked these yahoos to take a pic and this is what they gave me.


 
Fred stopped us because the strap on his bag was twisted. It was making him so crappy and I (very stupidly) asked "Well how did it happen?" he answered "I don't know I didn't do it you must have!" I then reminded him that it was his bag and how could I have done it. You think the argument would have ended there... NO! He answered "Fine, then why did you let me twist the straps?!?!?" I can't win!

 
Fred just DOES NOT fit in Ukraine!!!


 
I asked John to take a pic of Fred and me and this is what he took. Not only did he take it but he said "YUP, Looks good to me!" then handed me the camera back!... What do you think?

 
These are from our night walk by the river, it was REALLY windy so some of them are blurry.






 
These two are my favorites!







No comments:

Post a Comment