Thursday, October 17, 2013

Day 7...

Day seven of our ten day wait and man let me tell you it gets harder and harder everyday!!! The kids are good and the weather has been good for the most part but emotionally it is so hard. People  tell you hang in there and it will be worth it and you try to lie to yourself that it's gonna go by quick but I feel like the more I tell myself that the longer it feels like it is. I feel like all I want to do is complain complain complain but that just tells me I need to turn it around... Let's play the "Glad Game"!!!

~I do have A LOT of alone time with Fred which most of the time is a good thing!
~We have a wonderful internet connection so that I can use Skype... We have Skype!
~My "American" kids are in good hands and for the most part healthy! (Little runny noses)
~My "Ukrainian" kids are orphans no more and we will get to bring them home soon! (Bridget & Silas have runny noses keep them in prayer)
~My Father-in-law leaves tomorrow to come here and help us bring these little ones home! (PRAYER would be appreciated for safe travel for both John and Fred; Fred is leaving to met John in Keiv)
~We have met some wonderful "English" speaking friends that are such a blessing! They came over for dinner tonight and stayed and played games with us!
~We only have 3 days left of our 10 day wait!!!
~We have gone almost a week without getting on the wrong bus!
~We have a wonderful apartment that we don't have to share! (no offence Shelly and Brian we loved living with you but what are the chances that we get along with another family as well as we got along with you?)
~We have freedom to come and go as we please with out any kind of threats coming our way!
~I got a lot of planning done for my AWANA club!!!
~My ankle is feeling better today and when I tripped with my other ankle today I didn't hurt it at all!
~Most of the cloths I brought for the kids fit!


Ahhh I feel a little better... A lot of the people here walking around are so glum and unhappy. They walk around with scowls on their faces and to be very honest after 3 weeks of smiling at people on the street (even kids) and getting either a cold stare back or a crazy look it starts to wear on you. I consider myself to be a positive, glass is half full kinda girl but lately I am having a hard time!

Prayer Request:

The care givers taking care of both my already American kids and my soon to be American kids!
My Father-in-law John's trip to Ukraine!
My facilitator and our paperwork to go smooth smooth smooth
Fred and I as we have been alone together for 3 weeks and that ain't always easy!!!
Most importantly God's will to be done!!!

Thanks, here are some pics:





















No comments:

Post a Comment