Tuesday, October 15, 2013

Simferopol

Almost 3 years ago Fred and I were in Ukraine to adopt 2 small children but when we got to our region the apartment we had booked suddenly was "unavailable"!?!?! (that's all I am going to say about that) We had nowhere to go and nowhere to stay, but God worked it out that we had met the day before in Kiev an American family that just happen to be adopting from the same region as us. When we called them they said the Ukrainian family they were staying with would take us in. I remember being very nervous and thinking they would be so mad at us for just showing up on their door step, but NO!!! This family welcomed us into their home with open arm! They treated us like kings and queens and there is NOTHING we could do to repay them for how "at home" we felt.

Fred and I had the privilege of going back to Simferopol to visit them here are some pics:












Other than me twisting my ankle/foot (the sidewalks here are a lot like death traps) and Fred getting stung by a wasp we had a GREAT time and we ate like KINGS!!!!!!!!

1 comment:

  1. Awesome!!! Looks like you had a great trip!!!! So glad you got to go down there. I'm sorry we didn't get a chance to know Alim better. Well, you probably know why...

    Anyway, so glad you will probably get to meet Max soon too! Tell him I say hi and we'll be over there SOON!

    ReplyDelete