Thursday, October 3, 2013

When it Rains it Pours... Literally

 So got off the airplane in Kiev yesterday and it was a bit chilly, kinda like home when we have a chilly day in the midst a bunch of warm ones so I wasn't worried. Got off the train and again very chilly but I thought oh its only 6am it will get warmer. Now after talking to a few people we are realizing that this is just how it is, winter comes early here!!!! GREAT!!!! I packed for fall... like good 'OL Wisconsin kinda fall!!! I AM GOING TO FREEZE HERE!!!!

Fred and I got into the apartment and settled in, when I last left you I had said how Fred fell asleep and I was hoping to be able to wake him up in time for our morning visit, yeah kinda hard to do that when I am passed out!!!! So we slept through the morning visit but got up and ready to head out for the afternoon visit. Before we left Masha called to let us know that court was going to be pushed back until Monday because the prosecutor was not available. Fred and I looked at each other and laughed; We could have been home for my birthday, but we decided before we left that this adoption good or bad it was in God's hands and we would just go with whatever God has for us in this trip. That means this blog is going to get good Fred and I as of now are letting all these little things roll right off and our mantra is "It's an adventure right!" We will see how long that last....

After only one bus mistake we made it to the orphanage. We were greeted very nicely by the ladies and then the director came out and asked for Masha. She talked to Masha on the phone while, no joke, 9 workers and a maintenance man stared at us. The man schooled us for not wearing a hat and all the ladies laughed. When Fred got the phone back Masha told him that the whole orphanage was on quarantine due to a slight fever going around and they were afraid of us bringing in outside germs. They will be on lock down at least until Monday... So no court until Monday, no visits until Monday and its freezing and raining, looks like a perfect time to head to Simferopol!!!! Since we can not do anything til Monday we hope to take the train down to visit Alim and the fam tomorrow night stay for Saturday and head back Saturday night! Not a long visit but at least we will be able to huge everyone and eat some of Mama's cooking!!!!!!

Since we could not visit the kids we went to the mall and bought a few warm things so we should be good for now!

I stick by my saying: "The only thing consistent with adoptions is inconsistence"!!!!


PRAY PRAY PRAY PRAY PRAY.... PLEASE PRAY!!!!!!


Oh and I still have a touch of vertigo from all the traveling.... This is going to be FUN!!!!!

1 comment:

  1. Bummer about no visits and court, but glad you are making lemonade from lemons. :-) Enjoy your trip down south!

    ReplyDelete