Thursday, October 3, 2013

WE'RE BACK........

It was a LOOOOOOOOONG trip (30+ hrs) but we finally made it to our apartment in Krivoy Rog. The flights were for the most part uneventful (Praise God) although while waiting in the airport in Frankfort there was a professional European Soccer team that everyone seemed to flock around. Fred and I were sitting off to the side and didn't even look twice at them... they came and sat right by us. They prolly though  Phew... Americans they will leave us alone, and we did. There were a bunch of people still trying to get their picture and they all looked at us like we were crazy for not being more excited...????! 

We got to Kiev and got our luggage by 2pm, we had about 7hrs to wait. We had our driver drop us off at TGI Fridays to eat and jump on the internet. After that we went and walked around the city but it was very chilly and I just wasn't ready for that. We walked around a few malls and then sat on a bench and people watched. By the time we went back to find our driver it was just 6pm. He took us to get our train tickets then laughed because we still had 3hrs to kill. He ended up taking us to a little coffee house for a bite to eat and internet. We sat there for what felt like an eternity and finally it was time to head to the train, only we got there too early and had to wait another hour... I swear this was the trip that just wouldn't end!!!!

We got on the train, we got settled in and Fred almost immediately fell asleep. Me it took longer, I was uncomfortable and our car wasn't the cleanest so I just didn't trust the bedding. I used my back pack as a pillow (which was horrible) I barely slept and when I finally dozed off I had to pee. The bathrooms were so gross and no toilet paper. There was bar soap that looked like everyone in Keiv had touched it and my sanitizer was in our locked luggage. I wanted to cut my hands off LOL. Fred slept well and I did manage to get a few hours of broken sleep! We got to our apartment and had a bite to eat and now just waiting until we can go to our morning visit. Fred is fast asleep I hope I can wake him when it's time to go!

Here are some pics I took last trip that I forgot to share (none of Silas because he was sick our last visit and the were not allowed t
o see him) and some of our trip so far this time:










 
 
 
See Daddy I brought you with me!!! Does this mean if I get scared you will come get me?
 
 
 
 I am fighting with the pics I took on my phone from yesterday I will try to get them posted later!!!
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment