Sunday, February 20, 2011

Home Sick

As you can see, we are a little home sick, so I found some ground beef in the market and we grilled out hamburgers and hot dogs the other day. Grilling here is much different and makes me miss my grill back home. The picture below is of a window
in the orphanage. The inside of orphanage is a beautiful building. This was not really what we expected, we were told it is the poorest orphanage in the country and the kids live in their own feces. The complete opposite is true here. There is a pretty nice playground outside and there is always someone cleaning or mopping the floors every other day. The workers here are mostly nice to us, but the overwhelming feeling of the special needs children being useless is still prevalent.

We went to church today, it was really good to be able to fellowship with other believers in the body of Christ. Also, Amanda got strep throat today. She did bring antibiotics along with us, so hopefully catching this realatively early, she can get rid of this fairly quickly.

Tomorrow is court, so please be praying for us. We have no idea what to expect any more, because everything that was told to us, has not been the way it was explained. We know the issue with Tanya living with us is going to come up and we are going to have to explain it all over agian. We are just taking this one day at a time so please keep us in your prayers. Until we speak again.....


6 comments:

  1. Praying that every answer you get will be Yea and Amen!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Praying all goes well with you at court! I know it will. The judge will ask you all the same questions the SW did, plus more. LOL

    Amanda, praying for quick healing for you!

    Can't wait to see your next post that says you are offically parents of Rorie and Cole!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Faith in Christ!
    Uncle Chris & Aunt Cheryl

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just wondering if you have been back in the rooms where they keep the children? Please don't discount those before you that have taken children from that place. Our family was the second one to adopt a child with Ds out of that orphanage and it was nothing short of awful. I'm happy to hear that things have changed and pray that your children do not come home the scars that my child and other children adopted from there did. May God Bless.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Mandy we have been back in the room where the litte ones sleep and I am sad to say there are a few children that do lay in their cribs most of the day, they seem to have a weird rotation of the kids that are out in the room playing. I never ment to "discount" any families that came before us, in fact I would have to say I am in debt you those families. Because of all the 10 or so families that have come before us I think that some of the works here are starting to see some value in these children and because of that there is change! Because of that I believe my children and the ones that remain will have a few less scars! I'm not at all saying it is a perfect place here but my blog is not private so I have to censor my feeling about this place I am in! Again I ment no disrespect!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for replying :) I actually was there prior to adopting for a mission trip. The access we had was unlimited compared to a few months later when we were there to adopt. We were shown only what they wanted us to see while adopting. Even then some of the things I did see were very inhumane :( Being one of the first families, we were not treated very well because of the belief we wanted them for body parts, experimentation or other reasons (no joke).
    My little boy was actually in a nicer room than that of a little girl that was adopted at the same time by another American couple. Dealing with the things these children were exposed to while there is still an ongoing daily process, so my feelings toward that place are not nice and still raw. Sorry if I sounded harsh - didn't mean to come across that way.

    ReplyDelete