Monday, February 21, 2011

It's the Karol & Karol & Karol & Karol SHOW!!!

It is offical we are now a complete family...


Let me introduce Rorieann Christine Karol



And Cole Lewis Karol



Oh it feels sooooo good to say that but it's hard to feel like we are really parents. I think it will hit me when we have them in our arms and we can leave this crazy place!!! I didn't sleep very well last night which I'm sure makes a lot of sense!!! We got up this morning and I was not yet feeling better so we took it easy and slow. My stomach was flipping. I have NEVER been in court, not even on a field trip, so I had this terrifing image in my head like on Law & Order. When we finally got into the room it was more like the court room you would have seen on the Any Griffith Show. LOL!!! The judge came in at about 2pm and asked us to "explain" what we were doing here... Marina helped ask us questions that the judge would have wanted to hear about. The social worker and the orphange attorney both gave us positive reviews. They both suggested that it was in the childrens best intrest that we be allowed to adopt them!!! That put us at ease but not a person in the room smiled AT ALL. The whole thing was about 45 or 50 minutes in all, then we waited for about an hour and a half for the judge to come back and declare her decison. She came back and read the longest mumbo jumbo I have ever heard. I didn't even realize what her decision was until Marina said "Say Thank You"! We were done in just enough time to make it to our afternoon visit, when I went to Rorie's room to get her I picked her up and everyday when I pick her up I take her hand and pat it on my chest and say Mama... today I just said Mama and she patted my chest all on her own!!! It melted my heart!!! Thank you for all the prayers so far we are half way done now just the 10 day wait and then 7 to 9 days of paperwork and then "Home again Home again jigity jig!"

8 comments:

  1. I am so happy to hear that you are officially a family. I'm praying the wait will go quickly and you will be home in your own beds soon :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. PRAISE GOD!! Went to bed praying and woke up early praying!! So glad.. Burman's next.... Dear Lord...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Marina was our facilitator in region too!! I just LOVE her! YAY for smooth court, and CONGRATULATIONS on your beautiful kiddos!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow that is great amanda!!!!!! I have been reading this whole time u have been gone it has touched my heart!!!! U and ur husband r doing a gods work by giving them kids parents that love them and care for them!!!! u both r great people!! May the lord keep blessing u!!! I will keep praying for u!!! your cousin Diane.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I was stalking your blog all day waiting for an update! I was so happy to see it! Congratulations!!!!! Two less orphans in this world! I'm so happy for you!

    I love the family picture too! I didn't realize until I saw it just how much Rorie resembles her mama and how much Cole looks like his papa! Isn't that just like God!?!?

    Congrats again and praying for a super quick passport when the time comes.

    ReplyDelete
  6. My Congratulations are a bit late but no less heartfelt! So happy for you all! Can't wait for you to come home!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I just want to thank you guys for all your hard work and determination. The roller coaster ride will soon be over for the start of you precious new family. I sure hope I can get down to Milwaukee to see those babies before they are no longer babies. In the mean time, I will keep you in my prayers and enjoy the pictures here on facebook. God has certainly blessed you and these two babies. All my love and prayers to you. Auntie Sandy

    ReplyDelete