Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Big Issue Finally Cleared Up

So we had to go back to the social workers office today because she had some questions about our homestudy and the fact that Amanda's friend lives with us. She did not understand that she was not married and still was living with us. We started to explain that she rents a room from us and that she is going to help babysit one day a week, but the social worker was not understanding what we were talking about. I guess the cultural difference was too much. Finally, I pulled out my ordained minister's card to explain to her that I was a pastor and that we don't believe in cohabitation, and that she lived in a whole other part of the house. Once the social worker realized that I was a pastor, there was no more problems. We noticed this fact at the SDA appointment as well. When that lady found out that I was a pastor, the meeting was almost over as fast as it started and we had all the clearance and paperwork that were needed. I talked to the pastor of the church that we attended on Sunday and he said that once they find out that you are clergy, they will bend over backwards for you. Well it's nice to know that they at least respect that. So far forgetting to take my minister's card out of my wallet before we left is turning out to be a good thing, it is really paying off and making a lot of this paperwork go much smoother.

This mornings visit was short because of having to go to the social workers office. When we got to the orphanage, Cole was sleeping so we only got to visit with Rorie. We were able to take her outside, which she absolutely loved! Today is the first day in the last three days that it was not raining, but it is still a little chilly. I think it is somewhere between 35 and 40 degrees F. I think I am going to lay down for a little bit before we go to our evening appointment. Shelly is making chicken noodle soup and it is nice to have a little bit of smell from home. Thank you for the continued prayers for the Burman's and us. God Bless.

1 comment:

  1. god knew you needed that card!!! ptl that things are going well. I hope the paperwork moves quickly and you get to have court soon!

    ReplyDelete