Thursday, February 24, 2011

Enjoying Our Time!!!

Ok question for the Mommies and Daddies that have been here; as you know there are A LOT of dogs that roam free here. Did you notice that some people have dogs as pets… but there are two different ways that they treat their "pet" dogs? They either love them to the extreme of dressing them up or they have them around more as a garbage disposal… it reminds me of the Flinstones!!! Member they had that pig or warthog that lived under their sink and any leftovers or spoiled food was given to the pig… that is what it reminds me of over here!!!! LOL

Last night was GREAT… We went to our visit and then we went to Bible study!! The study was so GREAT we were in Titus 3:1-7. Fred and I were both a little convicted, we have been so focused on people and the way they were acting towards us but we never once stopped and thought about the way were might have been acting to them. Aren’t “WE” to be the light to the lost??? Weren’t we once just like the lost??? So how can we condemn them for what they don’t know??? How can we condemn them for what we aren’t teaching or showing??? We have gotten really good at complaining about our situation and the people that are “controlling it”, but are we looking for what God is trying to teach us in this situation??? We are now and I’m sorry for the hateful attitude I have had up until now!!! After Bible study one of the pastors and his wife took us out for pizza, we had a really nice time and they were able to give us some tips of different places to go and see before we go home. They also shared a few funny adventure of their own when they first came here from America!!! It’s good to know we are not the only ones!!!

This morning Fred and I over slept so we got up quick and flew to the orphanage to see our beautiful babies. I have to share these two videos that I took. The first one is of Cole; he has very little trunk support so we are doing our best to start working on it without the ad of a Bumpo set. (I have 2 at home and I think it will help soooo much but until then…) Cole also really didn’t respond to my voice, he can hear because I do snapping and clapping and he looks right away but when I look at him and say “Hello” there was just nothing there at all. SLOWLY I think he is waking up, I have gotten an occasional grin but this kid LOVES my kisses. Just watch!!!




Rorie is just the funniest character I have EVER met! She is very smart and LOVES to copy, we have been working on this the last few days I remember when my cousin Christopher was a baby my Grandma (who is with the Lord now) taught him to do “Baa-Baa”. When I first started to teach Rorie I thought of my Grandma and how much she would just get a kick out of this kid, she used to laugh so hard when Chris did a “Baa-Baa” and I miss that!!! So in a way I think I’m keeping her spirit alive!!!! ENJOY Rorie’s “Baa-Baa”!!!

2 comments: