Wednesday, September 4, 2013

In Frankfurt!!!

Wow I think leaving Rorie and Cole was the hardest thing I have EVER had to do!!! I went though a horrible explosion of emotions but I got on that plan because there are 3 children that have been waiting far too long for a Mommy and Daddy! The first half of our flight was 9hrs and I actually slept, not much but I did sleep. We got in Frankfurt about a half an hour ago and after walking all over to find a charger for Fred we are settled in for an 8hr layover!!!!! We will get on a plan later today headed for Kiev and then we will go to our SDA appointment granting us permission to go into the orphanage to FINALLY meet our children. I am now getting very excited.

Before we left Chicago I was going through some FEAR... when I reached in my pocket and pulled out a bit of paper with a verse scribbled on it:

Joshua 1:9

Have not I commanded thee? Be strong and of a good courage; be not afraid, neither be thou dismayed: for the Lord thy God is with thee whithersoever thou goest.

My friend had given this to me to take with and I can't tell you what this verse has done for me, in a moment my FEAR was gone and my eyes fixed on God and His mission for our family. On the flight He brought hymns to my mind that comforted me and it was an easy flight other than being a little cramped!

Thank you fro the prayers and please keep praying until we get home with these little ones!

1 comment:

  1. WOOHOO!!! Glad the first flight went ok. 8 Hrs? yuck! Praying for you!!

    ReplyDelete