Friday, September 6, 2013

To God Be the Glory

We had a much better day today, not as eventful but better! Fred and I slept til 11:30am and needed to be up and ready to leave by 12:00pm so that was a little crazy. A driver picked us up to switch apartments. We got in and settled in fine. Then another driver came at 3pm to take us to SDA to get our referrals. After we got ALL 3 referrals. A BIG WOOHOO!!!! We waited for another driver to come get us and take us back to our apartment. If you don't know anything about Ukrainian driving you have to pray every time you get into a taxi you HAVE to pray. To the untrained eye it seems like madness; there are really no "lanes" and I think stop lights are more like suggestions. Being a pedestrian is a scary thing if you're going to cross the street commit you can not be scared or you'll get run over. Also they are not exactly slow over here!

When we got back to our apartment we decided to venture out... well Fred decided and I didn't want him to go alone so we headed out. I was so glad I went we are right in the center of the city and there is so much to see. Unfortunately it was raining so I didn't take my camera but our plan is to head out geocaching tomorrow. We only have our apartment until noon tomorrow and our train doesn't leave until 9:30pm so we will have a lot of time "WAITING" before we have to go!  WAITING seems to be the theme of our trip, we have spent more time waiting then doing anything else! The song that is always in my head is "While I'm Waiting" by John Waller, I knew before this trip that I wanted to serve God through it and so it just seems right that we are waiting on the Lord!
I really want to be able to share Gods glory though our adoption, you see Fred and I aren't extraordinary people infact we have as many if not more worldly struggles then most people but we decided to let God control our family all we are is "WILLING". Willing to trust, willing to obey and willing to let Him be in control, it's actually reliving! We leave tomorrow night for our region so I will try to blog again Sunday night if not Monday evening, Monday will be very busy we finally will get to meet our kidlets!!!!! I can't wait!!!

Please be praying that all their paperwork is good to go and we will have smooth sailing but above all that God's will be done even if I don't like it! 

No comments:

Post a Comment