Tuesday, September 10, 2013

The First and Second Meeting...

This morning we got up and got dressed... We went out to the Social Workers office and dropped off our referrals then went back to our apartment and guess what..... we WAITED!!! Then the driver came back and we met our facilitator at the orphanage. They asked us a few questions and looked at our photos, then another lady came in and we moved into a small room. Waiting for us was one of our little guys dressed in pink! I picked him up and gave him a squeeze (he didn't like that much) even though he is a size of a 2yr old (MAYBE) I have to remember that he has not been held and squeezed all that much so it will take time. He was a very busy guy he would fake me out and put his arms up for me to pick him up then once I had him on my lap he pushed to go to the floor... that stinker.

Then they brought in the other two and my heart just melted!!! Our little girl so tiny, her wrists are the size of a quarter. For our morning visit she was quiet and not really responsive. We got a few grins but mostly sleepy eyes, very cuddly! Our other little little guy was like we were told a little stand offish, kinda of nervous but by the end of our morning visit he gave me eye contact and lots of giggles!

Then we had to head to the notary to get some documents done. We WAITED for 2hrs!!! Once we got the documents done we had to head back to the orphanage to pick up more documents. Technically visiting time was over but they let us have a little time with the kids. This time we got to go to a much bigger room and all three kids were very active! Our shy guy was still shy, but we put our little lady on her tummy and she started wiggling all around like an army crawl. She would stop and rock back and forth and sing lalalalalala! She is an amazing little thing, I would scoot away from her and she would follow me and her Daddy... forget about it she has his heart!!!

After our visit and a stop at the store for dinner we headed home to discuss our next steps; With the emotional day we had and all the different possibilities of how the rest of this adoption could go was just to much for me last night. Thankfully my Mom was there for me to talk to... CRY to!!! But today was a million times better I woke feeling refreshed and ready to go see our kiddos and I told myself I wasn't going to worry about things we don't even know for sure about yet. I had to remind myself that God is in control and this is going to work out according to His will NOT mine! That made me feel much better!

Fred got a solid 9hrs of sleep last night and got up this morning more exhausted than ever so that was a real treat (maybe God allowed for that to make sure to keep my mind off of all the stuff I had given to Him the night before LOL) We got to our visit after only getting on one wrong bus once!!! For those of you that don't know the bus system here is much different than at home, there are just a bunch of buses with numbers and they run up and down the street so for us because we don't read Russian it's like playing the lotto when we get on a bus! I do keep a small pad of paper with us to write down bus numbers that work and bus numbers that do not work so far we have found 2 FORSURE buses!

When we got to the orphanage they showed us back to the small room we were first in which kinda stunk because its very small and has 2 sets of bunk beds and not a whole lot of room to move around and play also Fred like I said was exhausted and hot and if you have never meet Fred he isn't the smallest man around so he didn't fit so he laid on his side on the bed to play and can you guess what happened?... He fell asleep!!! When our 2hr visit was up a lady came by and said something to us, we thought we said we were finished (I hadn't eaten and had to go to the bathroom so bad so we were ready to go) but the lady left and never came back. A half an hour later another lady came to the hallway right outside where we were with the kids and then turned off the light and left. As you can imagine Fred wasn't in the best mood and was ready to go, it was lunch time and the kids were falling asleep so I said come on lets got I grabbed a kid in each arm and Fred grabbed the other and we walked out to the lobby. I looked at the lady sitting at the desk and said "Groupa?" she said "Da!" and went and got the care workers and that was that... I guess we have to tell them when we are done!!! Live and learn but we got an extra hour visit with them this morning!!!

Our afternoon visit wasn't as eventful, Fred took a nap and we got to be in the big room so life was good!!! Ok enough yapping here our pics from yesterday and today... Oh did I tell you we had to officially pick names??? Here they are...


Bridget (Strong, Exalted One) Charmain (Charming)

 
One the left: Jasper (My treasure) Frank (Free one)
On the right: Silas (Companion) James (He who supplants: takes over or rules... like a king)
 
 









 
 
 
 
 
 

2 comments:

  1. Ahhhh, so great!! Thanks for the updates, continuing to pray for you guys :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOOOHOOOOO!!!! The day FINALLY came! They are beautiful, but heartbreakingly small. Beautiful names too! I love the meanings. SO very happy for you guys! Praying for a quick court date and only minimal "waiting". :) Congrats!!

    (But seriously, WHAT is up with that sweater?!?! It must be their go-to "meet mama" sweater...good grief. She's swimming in it!)

    ReplyDelete