Sunday, April 18, 2010

What an awesome God we serve!

This weekend we held our first big fundraiser to help bring the babies home. The rummage sale went off without a hitch! In the days of preparation leading up to this weekend, Amanda and I were discussion realistically what our thoughts were for the outcome of the fundraiser. We both agreed that somewhere between $500 and $600 for the two days would be great. At then end of the day on Friday, I sat down to count the money...it came out to exactly $1000! This absolutely blew us away. So going into Saturday in our eyes, anything that we made would just be a bonus. As the day started, the traffic seemed to be a little slower than the previous day, but we were still in good spirits from the amazing results of Friday. After a long Saturday and finally getting everything cleaned up, about 7:30 at night I sat down to do a final count for the weekend. I don't think that this was a coincidence and was nothing short of a miracle, we made exactly $1000 again on Saturday!! From the bottom of Amanda and my heart to anyone reading this post who had any involvement in this weekend from donating items, baked goods, volunteering, praying, or just showing up and walking around, we couldn't have done it with out you guys and thank you just isn't enough! With the results of this weekend solidified and brushed any hint of doubt that was in my mind about the ability to raise the serious kind of money that we are looking to raise. Like my good friend said this morning at church, "It is impossible to out give God!"
On another nice note, when I got to work tonight I had a message waiting for me on facebook. One of my very close friends from high school left me a message saying that they would donate $40 a month until we get our babies home!!! The blessing are never ceasing and after this weekend and then some wonderful news from my friend, if you don't believe that God is alive and active today in our lives, we need to sit down and have a chat......

No comments:

Post a Comment