Monday, August 8, 2011

I think I could get used to this...

My life has been such an amazing roller coaster full of blessings; some that I wanted and some that I didn't but God knew better!!!! I can't believe where my life has taken me and I'm so excited to see what God has in store!!! Getting to experience your children's "FIRSTS" is an amazing gift, this past week we have experienced two "FIRSTS": Our first family day at the lake & The children's museum!!!! The kids had a blast! We have been able to do all kinds of stuff I have always had to miss out on because I was working and now because God blessed Fred with a shift change (which was one of the blessing I DID NOT want, but God knew better) I am able to stay home and participate in my children's growing and learning process. I just look at them every day and I am completely and utterly amazed. I don't think the care givers at the orphanage would even believe the way Rorie and Cole's lives have changed and how much they have changed; they are sooooo BIG!!!!! I went school shopping for Rorie last Thursday... a little girl with down syndrome going to school, what would they think of that? Rorie's bag is bigger than her and I got the smallest one I could find that would still hold a folder without crushing it. I put it on her with all of her school supplies in it and she fell over, poor thing! I will have to take pics of that to share. Cole is set up in a good program he will be attending three days a week and he will receive all the care he needs! I just can't wait to get involved with everything... I hope the teachers don't get sick of me! Enjoy some pics!!!!


LOVEIN the LAKE!!!!!!






Daddy is in the WATER?!?!?!






I don't think she likes watermelon...?






Rorie he isn't an animal at the Zoo...






Oh... maybe he is!!!





At The Betty Brinn Children's Museum






Cole LOVED the music his sister was playing & later he played some pretty music too!






Rorie was brushing the cow she's gonna have a farm one day I'm sure of it!






See what I mean she was a pro picking the corn and putting it in the wheel barrel!






Look at that silly mirror... or is it a sill mirror????





Is that Cole's twin... no but he LOVED to look at himself and why shouldn't he I would stare at him all day long to he is sooooo stinkin cute!!!






Cole's favorite exhibit at the Museum; Grammy's leg!!!!






Rorie was playin the pots and man she was good!!!





Cole was in heaven this log had carpet on the inside and he loves the feel of different carpet!!!






Rorie and Cole rowing off into the sun set... "hang on brother!!!"

3 comments:

  1. Your babies are so adorable and they look like they're having a lot of fun together (and probably wearing you out!).

    Blessings,
    Rachel Whitmire
    Post-Adoption Care Coordinator
    Reece's Rainbow Down Syndrome Adopiton Ministry
    rachel@reecesrainbow.org
    www.reecesrainbow.org

    ReplyDelete
  2. Rorie makes the best faces!!! From that first picture on RR to all the pictures you have posted since, I just LOVE how expressive she is! And Cole is getting so strong and handsome. Rorie looks like she is a very helpful big sister to him! Your family is truly beautiful and so blessed!

    ReplyDelete