Wednesday, October 27, 2010

New Update... Grrrrrr!!!

OK the other night we got an email that said 11 of our documents expired and we have until November 13th to get them in! I don't think I have to tell you how scared I was and I will admit that I completely broke down! Thank God I have Fred he did something very uncharacteristic of himself... he sat down next to me, he kept his cool and he just put his arm around me. In that moment I just thought to myself wow look at the man he has become since our marriage began, God has done such a work in us and our marriage! So even though we were both mad and hurt and upset we started working on what we could that night we emailed all the people that needed to help us redo our forms and got responses the next day. I know God doesn't always show you why you need to go through something but I prayed and thought if he could show me why we have to wait more and go through this at least it will help me to stay focused. I'm sure this isn't the only reason but a huge "brick" fell on me yesterday. I have a confession, before we found out that these forms needed to be redone I was very afraid of having to go to Ukraine. I was scared of the air plane, of the language barrier and culture barrier. I was afraid of the food, of the people and of the unknown! After getting this news and thinking the worst (that I'd never get my children)I have to say the fear of never getting to hold my beautiful babies was far worse than the fear of what I have to do to get them! All my fears about Ukraine seem silly now and Fred and are closer than ever. This has also helped Fred and I to focus on God and not on ourselves! So even thou this stinks I have all the faith that God's time will be perfect I hop I can just keep my head while I have to wait!
We already have all of our redoes started and half of them are done and ready to be sent to Madison!!! PLEASE KEEP PRAYING!!!

5 comments:

  1. Oh, I'm so sorry!!! Those pesky darn expiration dates. Praying for you both and this process. Hope you are submitted VERY SOON!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. No fun! But at least it seems to be working out okay. I have to tell you - I was very terrified at the thought of all those things you mentioned too. :( But it's working out okay! If you have any specific questions, please remember to ask me - especially while we're here. Prayers for you two!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's good to be strong for your spouse then they are weak, and good to have the freedom to be weak because you know they're going to be strong for you. Keep up the love and be strong for each other during the rest of the journey. Nothing to fear when you are going about the Lord's business.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Amanda, you okay?? I'm waiting for an update on you guys. Send me an e-mail if you like - ajsmith 3 @ prodigy dot net

    ReplyDelete
  5. It will be fine...easy for me to say...We will pray that it all happens soon. Just let us know if there is anything we can do. You and Fred are so awesome, and Rorie and Cole are patiently waiting to come home to you two!!!
    Colette and Kailey

    ReplyDelete