Thursday, May 30, 2013

Memorial Day

We had such a blessed Memorial Day!!! We had plans to just keeping work through our "To Do List". Friday til Sunday we worked on yard work. We planted our garden, weeded and re-did a few corners in our yard. Weeded and re-did the border next to our house and started the front landscaping. Fred built new porch skirts and got them hung and one side of the porch painted. All this with two little ones... not easy!!!! So Monday we had every intention of finishing what we had started but Praise God it rained!!!!! We woke up got dressed slowly, I got to go out and finish a few little clean up projects and then we got ready and went to the parade. I didn't think anyone would be interested in going and so I thought Rorie and I were gonna go so-low but my sister called and her and my nephew were coming over and my Dad showed up. I was going to let Fred sleep but he woke so excited to go it was such a cool thing!!!
The parade path is at the end of our block so we walked down the block and found a spot in the doorway of one of the businesses because of the rain all the bands were pulled which made the parade much shorter. Some of the disabled vets were walking and one of the men was shouting out, "Thank you for coming out and supporting us, Thanks for being here!" I heard people in the small crowd shout back at him, "Thank you for your service"! That's why we stand in the rain and clap as they walk by, that's why we risk a cold  because they gave so much to ensure that we could make that choice to stay home and ignore the celebration or to chose to NOT think about our selves and to honor the men and women that served our country.
The rest of the day was great we put away the "To Do List" and we sat back and relaxed! We played with the kids and watched TV. It was so nice to just enjoy one another. I hope your memorial day was just as nice!!!!!








BEFORE:
 


AFTER:
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
BEFORE:



AFTER:
 




 

No comments:

Post a Comment