Sunday, January 29, 2012

Emotion Overload

The DARK TRUTH: When we first got home it took me weeks to return to my old self. I would have panic attacks and I would wake up in the night and not know where I was. No one could help me I had to work through it on my own but I did it; I adjusted to being a Mommy and the numbness I felt in Ukraine melted away. I have only just recently started thinking about our trip and the memories we made together Fred and I... and the Burmans!!!! I can let myself go back there without feeling overwhelmed with emotions which is a good thing. A year ago January 30th Fred and I flew out of Chicago on the BIGGEST trip of our lives. It have been a hard year and we have had ups and downs and we have learned A LOT; we are still learning but one thing that is more clear now than EVER before I would do it all again. Even if I knew what I was going to face from start to finish it was all completely and totally worth it. The biggest thing I realized is that there is NO WAY Fred and I did any of this on our own besides our family and friends that helped we know that God was leading our way the whole time. Looking back I can't believe all that we went through; there is no way Amanda Stenzel would have ever done that but with God ALL things are possible and that I truly believe with ALL my heart I the proof they are sleeping in their beds right now!!!!!! Praise God in ALL things... ALL THINGS!!!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment